KRF Capital’s Debt Advisory business provides differentiated strategic and tactical advice coupled with unparalleled execution for financial sponsors, public and private companies across a broad range of industry sectors and geographies. Our success is achieved because of our commitment and focus to provide best-in-class client service.
Our experience includes complex, challenging and innovative fixed income and credit mandates which we successfully execute. Our team has transacted from the perspective of the lender, borrower, seller and buyer given we have worked on the Buy-Side, Sell-Side and Advisory. We leverage our expertise to structure and negotiate optimal solutions and provide our clients access to the debt capital markets across the financing spectrum.
We find solutions and liquidity for our managers of private assets including private equity, private debt, real estate, infrastructure, etc. who seek to recapitalize or liquidate their assets through a privately negotiated transaction, e.g. fund sales, asset refinancing and fund recapitalizations. Our team has hands on experience to effectively forge consensus among diverse stakeholders, maximize value and minimize execution risk.
Our services include:
- Working with rating agencies, institutional debt investors and banks
- Valuation and scenario-based analytics utilizing proprietary and third-party systems, which can be used for asset management monitoring and compliance purposes
- Cash forecasting, stress testing assets and portfolios, and borrowing base modeling
- Streamlining closing logistics and providing a deal bible at close
- Obtain covenant waivers and amendments
- Raise new debt capital for complex and/or highly leveraged situations
- Buying or selling non-core assets or entire companies in a distressed context
Debt Advisory – Summary of Services
Corporate & Private Equity Acquisitions & Exits
- Maturity extension, capex or dividend financing
- Complex covenant or structure modifications
- DIP and exit financing
- Debt private placement
- Term and revolving debt
- Senior, Unitranche, high yield and mezzanine
Bank, bond, alternative & structured finance
- Credit ratings advisory
- Asset-backed lending
- Public & Private CLO, TRS, & Repos
- A/B Note ( Real Estate, Corporate)
- Warehouse facility
- Subscription and Hybrid facilities
- GP co-investment solutions
- Secondary financing
- Derivatives and hedging advisory including FX Interest Rate and Continent liabilities. We negotiate hedging costs and ISDA & CSAs agreements
Sourcing investment opportunities and managing relationships.
We focus on originating new investment opportunities. We have built strong relationships with the corporate community, regional banks, local brokers, lawyers and accountants across the US and Europe. We will identify relevant and unique opportunities and provide due diligence. Our value-add is understanding the needs of the seller. We will find solutions to broker the sell or acquisition between parties through bespoke solutions.
We effectively filter opportunities which are in line with you your investment focus and present unique opportunities which are not broadly marketed via investment banks or large advisory firms. We can be mandated to source companies based on industry and with specific requirements.
We provide access to lenders and negotiate competitive solutions for small to mid size funds who may not have the ‘wallet spend’ of larger funds. We source from commercial and investment banks, financial sponsors focused on underwriting debt solutions, SWF, Family Offices, Endowments, Pensions and Insurers.
Based on underlying assets or LP’s profile we will match you with the right strategic financing partner. We prepare the lenders pack (including teaser), manage the lenders calls, database, and Q&A process. We advise and obtain competitive bids and manage legal negotiation of loan documentation.
Private Placement Advisory
KRF Capital’s differentiated relationships with a global network of investor decision makers enables us to connect our clients with “traditional” investors such as private equity funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, and alternative lenders as well as with an extensive network of “non-traditional” capital partners such as large family offices, global pension funds and endowments, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, and strategic investors. We structure and execute private market transactions for our public and private corporate clients who require direct private equity, credit, or hybrid financing solutions including:
- Acquisition-related private equity or debt financing
- Growth capital
- Debt refinancing
Our comprehensive private placements product suite includes:
- Private convertible and hybrid securities
- Private Investments in Public Entities (“PIPEs”) for public companies
- Senior and subordinated structured private debt
- Royalty, IP financings
Market Risk Management and Hedging
In conjunction with our M&A and Debt Advisory teams, our Market Risk Management and Hedging team advises our clients on all aspects of market-related risks arising from foreign exchange, interest rates, inflation, and commodity prices in connection with cross-border M&A and financing transactions.
We assist our clients in determining a market risk strategy in line with their financial objectives and risk appetite and design a strategy for approaching the market that balances competitive pricing against the need to maintain confidentiality in relation to prospective transactions.
We use our extensive network of banks as well as our clients’ relationship counter-parties to execute resultant trades, which we parallel price to ensure transparency and achieve final terms at target levels.
Real Estate Capital Advisory
We develop bespoke advisory solutions for real estate sponsors through private M&A transactions, recapitalizations, asset spinouts and restructurings. We source and structure investment opportunities and secondary asset across the spectrum including:
- Residential portfolios which are performing, sub-performing and non-performing
- Portfolio management, valuation and monetization of illiquid investments including secondary transactions
- Commercial property in primary and tertiary locations that are performing, and value add properties
- Arranging CMBS or sourcing secondary positions
- Arranging CLOs for private or public distribution.